The Department of Mining & Geology was created out of its parent Department of Assam Government during the bifurcation of the State of Meghalaya in the year 1972. The Directorate of Mineral Resources (DMR) under the administrative control of the Department of Mining & Geology with its Headquarter at Shillong has 2(two) Divisional Mining Offices(DMO), at Jowai and Williamnagar, and 15(fifteen) other checkgates located on different strategic routes in the State. The Directorate is a multidisciplinary organization comprising a core team of Geologists, Mining Engineers, Drilling Engineers, Chemists and about 246 technical and non-technical staff.
What is New
- Tender Document for Mineral Exploration for 10 nos. of core drilling works for Khliehriat Coal Block
- Coordinates of Coal Dump Sites - Four Districts of Meghalaya
- Prospecting License for coal/ iron ore
- Permission to Transport auctioned coal
- Measures taken to stop illegal coal mining and illegal coal transportation (91.8 kb)